Sunday, December 18, 2005

Signed books


DFW - Infinite Jest
Originally uploaded by mattbucher.
I don't have a scanner, but I do have a digital camera and this weekend I had some time on my hands so I decided to take shots of a few of my signed books. I discovered that many of the books I've had signed were not signed on the title page so that's difficult to communicate in a single photo and some of the signatures are pretty plain and unremarkable. I've got a funny Zadie Smith signature that I can't seem to upload right now, but hopefully soon.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/mbb/sets/1598639/

3 comments:

hillary said...

This is so making me want to do this, esp with my Harry Crews, which is major best-everness.

Michael Lasley said...

Random question about signings, as I've not been to too many. You think Wallace will sign copies of IJ at the LA reading of Lobster? I've one of those misprinted first printings. Or do authors only sign copies of books that are on sale at the reading? (Went to a Rushdie signing a couple of years ago and he would only sign copies of books sold in the store during his visit.)

Anonymous said...

It varies, but in my experience most will sign anything with their name on it.