Monday, March 06, 2006

Quotable Quotes

MONTGOMERY BURNS:
"You there, fill it up with petroleum distillate, and re-vulcanize my tires, post haste. And none of your usual boobery!"

"Hello, I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by Aeromail. Hmm...am I too late for the 4:30 autogyro?"

Rob (High Fidelity):
What really matters is what you like, not what you are like. Books, records, films, these things matter. Call me shallow; it's the fuckin' truth.

video backpacker, Slacker:
"To me, my thing is, a video image is much more powerful and useful than an actual event. Like back when I used to go out, when I was last out, I was walking down the street and this guy, that came barreling out of a bar, fell right in front of me, and he had a knife right in his back, landed right on the ground and... Well, I have no reference to it now. I can't put it on pause. I can't put it on slow mo and see all the little details. And the blood, it was all wrong. It didn't look like blood. The hue was off. I couldn't adjust the hue. I was seeing it for real, but it just wasn't right. And I didn't even see the knife impact on the body. I missed that part."


Audience: Boo! Boo!
Burns: Smithers, are they booing me?
Smithers: Uh, no, they're saying "Boo-urns! Boo-urns!"
Burns: Are you saying "boo" or "Boo-urns"?
Audience: Boo! Boo!
Hans: I was saying "Boo-urns."


More, Slacker:
"I've had a total recalibration of my mind, you know. I mean, it's like, I've been banging my head against this 19th century type, um, what? Thought mode? Construct? Human construct? Well, the wall doesn't exist. It's not there, you know. I mean, they tell you, look for the light at the end of the tunnel. Well, there is no tunnel. There's just no structure. The underlying order is chaos."

Stranger: ". . . How things been goin'?"
Dude: ". . . Well, you know, strikes and gutters, ups and downs . . . Yeah. Thanks Gary . . . Well, take care man, gotta get back . . . "
Stranger: "Sure. Take it easy, Dude."
Dude: "Oh, yeah."
Stranger: "I know that you will."
Dude: ". . . Yeah, well . . . the Dude abides."

No comments: